Amazon Prime student has tons of benefits you need to know about, and here¡¯s how to get them with the latest FREE 6-month membership promotion!
Score a FREE Amazon Prime student membership & see how to save!
Calling all college students! Want to learn how you can save money while shopping online? Then keep reading to see how to save with a FREE Amazon Prime Student Membership!
Amazon is currently offering new members a FREE 6-Month Amazon Prime Student membership with a valid .edu email address. To sign up for this hot offer, head to the Amazon Prime Student membership page, and specify your college, year, and major.
After the six months is up, you can enjoy Prime at just half the price at $7.49/month (regularly $14.99/month) or really save when paying for an annual Prime Student membership at $69/year ¡ª that breaks down to just $5.75 a month!
Psst¡ Did you know Amazon Prime Day is coming up? There¡¯s no better time than NOW to take advantage of this offer!
Check out all the ways to save with your free Amazon Prime Student Membership¡
1. Score $5 off your first Amazon Warehouse purchase!
You can also score $5 off your first purchase from Amazon Warehouse when you use promo code 5OFFUSED at checkout! Amazon Warehouse offers returned, refurbished, or used items, with some unbelievable deals on merchandise from just about every category, including electronics, kitchen appliances, furniture, household essentials, and more!
Potential savings: Save $5 on your first Amazon Warehouse order when ordering from your Amazon Prime Student account.
2. Save almost $60 by getting a FREE GrubHub+ Student membership via Amazon Prime Student.
Amazon Prime Student Members can score a FREE GrubHub+ Student membership! To snag your free membership, log into your Amazon Prime Student account and sign up for GrubHub+ Student. You¡¯ll score free delivery on orders over $12, exclusive offers, discounts, and more. Note that you¡¯ll continue to receive the membership for free as long as you are an Amazon Prime Student subscriber.
- The cost of GrubHub+ Student each month: $9.99
Potential savings: Over the course of 6 months, the cost of a separate GrubHub+ Student account would amount to $59.94.
3. Save $84 in shipping with unlimited fast and free delivery.
Not only do you get your packages quicker with 2-day, 1-day, same-day, and 2-hour (exclusively for Prime Now orders) shipping speeds, you can skip the stores on release day with free release-date delivery on eligible pre-order video games, movies, and more ¨C love it!
Plus, if you don¡¯t need your order right away, you may be able to select No-Rush shipping and earn digital rewards for future purchases!
- The average cost of 2-day UPS Ground shipping for a 1-pound package: $9.35
Potential savings: When you order three packages per month during your 6-month membership, that¡¯s a savings of $168.30.
4. Stream $39 worth of highly-rated movies and TV when you ditch Netflix or other streaming platforms.
Get instant access to movies, TV shows, Amazon Originals, and live sports at no additional cost with thousands of titles to choose from. Stream what you love on select smart TVs, Roku, Xbox, Amazon Fire TV, iPhones, tablets, and Android devices. You can even download it to your device and watch it offline.
Plus, your Prime Student status also allows you to get up to 1 year of each of the following streaming channels for only 99¡é a month per channel! That¡¯s an amazing deal at $11.88 per channel, per year (regularly up to $131.88)!
- Showtime (regularly $10.99)
- Allblk (regularly $4.99)
- Epix (regularly $5.99)
- Motortrend (regularly $4.99)
- Shudder (regularly $5.99)
- Acorn TV (regularly $5.99)
- Pantaya (regularly $5.99)
- Lifetime Movie Club (regularly $3.99)
- Sundance Now (regularly $6.99)
- History Vault (regularly $4.99)
If you choose to keep any of these channels after the one-year introductory offer, they will automatically each renew at the regular monthly price.
- The monthly cost of Netflix: $15.49
Potential savings: To have a video streaming service for 6-months, you would end up paying $92.94.
5. Save $105 on exclusive laptop deals, snacks, and video games.
Prime Student works with hundreds of vendors to offer great deals from laptops and video games to study snacks and office supplies.
- Average 6-month spend of an Amazon Prime member: $700
Potential savings: If the exclusive deal savings for Amazon Prime Student is even a mere 15%, in 6 months you could save $105.
6. Get tons of free ebooks, digital magazines, and comics.
Gain unlimited access to over a thousand books, current issue magazines, books with Audible narration, comics, Kindle Singles, and more that can be streamed from your phone, tablet, or Kindle.
AND, you can score a FREE 1-Month Audible Premium Plus Subscription! Just head here, log into your account, and start your free subscription! An Audible Premium subscription gives you access to originals, audiobooks, and podcasts ¨C all in one place!
- The average cost of one month of Audible Premium Plus: $14.95
- The average cost of a new book: $17.20
Potential savings: Buying a new book each month over a 6-month period plus the 1-month of Audible would cost $118.15.
7. Save $42 in cloud storage costs to store all the photos you want.
Prime Photo lets you securely save as many photos as you like and see them on your phone, computer, or tablet. You can even share this Prime benefit and give free photo storage to up to five family members or friends.
- The monthly cost of SmugMug photo storage: $9
Potential savings: Using unlimited photo storage from Amazon Prime Student for 6 months saves $54.
8. Shop 30 minutes before everyone else to save up to $40.
Shop the sales 30 minutes before anyone else with exclusive access to the hottest Lightning deals on tech, fashion, and everyday essentials. They go quick ¨C and once they¡¯re gone, it¡¯s for good!
- Average savings on Lightning deals: 30%, item prices vary.
Potential savings: Score one Lightning deal a month (before they sell out) regularly priced at $25, for a 6-months savings of $40!
And remember, Prime Day is coming up so there¡¯s even more reason to want to scoop up deals before everyone else!
9. Unlimited Music for only 99¡é more per month
For only 99¡é more per month, Amazon Prime students get unlimited music. That¡¯s 2 million songs, ad-free! You can listen offline with unlimited skip and have access to hands-free listening with Alexa.
- The monthly cost of Spotify: $9.99
Potential savings: Using unlimited music from Amazon Prime Student for 6 months saves $54.
10. Save $15 or more on Twitch Streaming Services
Get bonus games, free in-game loot, and a monthly channel subscription to Twitch for FREE!
- The monthly cost of a Twitch subscription: starts at $4.99
Potential savings: Using Twitch Prime from Amazon Prime Student for 6 months saves a minimum of $29.94.
11. Enjoy free LinkedIn Premium while saving $240.
Enjoy a LinkedIn premium account that gives you access to see who is viewing your profile, helps you get hired twice as fast, and unlocks premium content for FREE for six months!
- The monthly cost of a LinkedIn Premium subscription: starts at $39.99
Potential savings: Using LinkedIn Premium from Amazon Prime Student for 6 months saves a minimum of $239.94.
Ready to do this!?
After your?free 6-month Amazon Prime Student trial ends, you¡¯ll automatically continue receiving?Amazon Prime benefits at the discounted student cost of just $7.49/month OR $69/year with automatic renewal (that¡¯s 50% off the regular cost!) ¨C AND you can cancel at ANY time. Verified students are eligible to receive the Prime Student discount?for four years or until graduation ¡ª whichever comes first.
Looking for more?! Check out THESE college-related posts:
- 10 Smart Ways to Save Money on College Textbooks
- Ultimate Dorm Checklist for College Students
- 27 College Student Discounts & Freebies
- Weird & Cool College Scholarships
- College Care Package Ideas for Every Budget